Sunday, February 14, 2010

Having Celiac Disease in College Is...

...tiring
...stressful
...a real pain
...an opportunity to learn more about the human body, rant about the food industry, and try neat recipes within the confines of my tiny dorm room.

Ever since the stress and bad food that comes along with college life activated my celiac genes, I've found that:
Tests + papers + friends + scholarship-related commitments + science major + type-A personality - sleep - ability to properly digest gluten, casein, and soy - prior ability to cook = extremely difficult.

For a while, I was in a pretty bad place. But now, in my sixth semester, I'm finally starting to figure out how to juggle everything.

I have yet to find a good blog about dealing with dietary issues in college, so I'm starting my own. Besides, it'll force me to really try and get creative with my food. My posts will mainly consist of recipes, links to cool articles, and the occasional rant. I've never been able to blog consistently, but let's see how this one goes...

Join me, my microwave, fridge, toaster oven, rice cooker, slow cooker, George Foreman grill, and "digestively challenged" body, on this epic journey towards health and sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment