Monday, August 2, 2010

Terapia de Tilapia

A bit less than a month ago, I had one of the most terrible weeks this year. It was absolutely AWFUL. My medication ran out, experiments didn't work, my lab presentation was a total fail, etc. I decided to take action, and spent Thursday lunch break cooking. This recipe was sort of improvised, using another recipe as a starting point. I had been craving fish, so I settled on tilapia, which I happened to have in the freezer.

  • 5 tilapia filets
  • ~3/4 stick butter
  • black pepper
  • lemon juice
  • chili powder
  • thyme
  • salt

I started by melting the butter and mixing in the spices. Then, I dipped each filet into the mixture. Using my brand new skillet, Oscar, I cooked each filet for 2-3 minutes per side, pouring extra seasoning mix on top.

After they looked reasonably cooked, I moved them to a tupperware and added 1/2 onion, thinly sliced. After the onions were thoroughly done, I added them to the tupperware then put in 1 white potato, sliced. I occasionally poured any extra butter mixture on top. These then went into the tupperware as well.

Though I was planning on eating the tilapia for lunch the following day, my roommate L and I ended up eating this for dinner, along with some broccoli. Delicious--and therapeutic!

No comments:

Post a Comment